Scrubbing Up - Soap and Glory Flake Away

6 comments
I haven't talked about body products on my blog for a while and so today I thought I'd talk about one of my favourites since in summer (i.e. when people are more likely to see parts of my body that are not my hands and face) I am much more inclined to crack out as many lotions and potions as possible to make myself look fabulous.

Oh also quick disclaimer: I feel like I'm seeming summer obsessed on my blog right now but if any of you come from England (particularly the north) and are experiencing the amazing heatwave right now then I think you can see where I'm coming from.

Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub
I was thinking retro packaging, wood panelling...did it work I don't know?

I was away all of last week with some friends and we ended up in a Boots, already a dangerous situation for someone like me to be in, inevitably I ended up buying beauty products (all for you guys to have reviewed of course) and one of which was a repurchase of the Soap & Glory Flake Away body scrub. I first bought this ages ago but then it ran out and (what can I say I'm lazy) I just never got round to buying another one till last week but seriously this is my favourite body scrub of all time!

I've used other scrubs, notably the Body Shop sugar scrub (which is also really good) and some other Soap & Glory ones but for me this knocks them out of the park. This scrub contains sea salt and sugar and is a little bit 'chunkier', for lack of a better word, than the Body shop scrub so the actually scrubbing particles (being so technical here) seem to stick around longer before dissolving down. I like this because if I am going to use a scrub I want to feel like I'm actually scrubbing the dead skin away but at the same time I have quite sensitive skin so overly abrasive scrubs can be a bit painful.

Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub
The texture is a bit more jelly like than some other scrubs I've tried

Also, as seems to be the way with all Soap & Glory products we have to talk about the smell. As I say I've tried other scrubs by the brand and have stood there smelling each type to see which one to pick and this one is always my favourite! The smell is sweet without smelling like candy and is the standard Soap & Glory scent that is in their other products such as Hand Food and The Scrub Of Your Life.

Overall I would say a great product which boasts ingredients such as sweet almond oil and shea butter, it leaves my skin feeling really soft and paired with a good body butter makes my skin look amazing after I've been using it. Also if the actual product itself isn't enough it's slogan that 'He'll never know you've been flaking it' might give you a little chuckle in your morning shower.

Have you tried this product?? Are there any body scrubs you would recommend??

6 comments:

  1. I volley back and forth between the Soap and Glory scrub and the Body Shop Mango scrub. They're both amazing! Great post!

    http://youarebeaut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! And I love both of them too! :-)

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this one but it looks amazing! X

    www.kelbyktennison.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's worth it I just thinks its a great product :-)

      Delete
  3. I have a travel size pot of this but haven't used it yet. It sounds amazing though! I have sensitive skin like you too - did this irritate your skin or made it feel painful when you used this scrub? I'd recommend Soap & Glory's Breakfast Scrub - it's amazing and smells like maple syrup!

    xx Amanda | Beautee Beauty | Malaysian/UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it didn't irritate my skin at all which was really nice it is very gentle :-)

      Delete